Welcome to Connie's Creations!

I hope you enjoy seeing some of my work, both layouts and cards that I've made! I'm no expert, but I sure enjoy the hobby!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Why do you scrapbook?

Do you ever feel that time is going by so fast that it's passing you by? That probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm in a reflective kind of mood this morning, I guess.
Its hard to believe that I'm going on 58 years old! That my children are all grown; that half of my grandchildren are grown; that I have GREAT-Grandchildren; and that I'm getting OLD! lol I know that basically 58 isn't really that old, but my body is practically worn out and after a night of arthritis pain keeping me awake, then I feel OLD!
I sit here looking at my baker's rack full of scrapbooks (that's what I have them stored on), and I see LIFE, at least life of the last almost 20 years. I wonder if, once I've gone on to my eternal reward, will whoever inherits these albums appreciate these books of love the way I do! Will they sit and look at the memories and smile and be thankful that I took the time to do this for them? Will someday my little great-grandchildren look at them and think, "wow, my great-granny really loved her family!"
I'm believing that they will! That leaving this legacy of love via scrapbooks will make a difference in my family's lifes someday by showing them how much I truly did love them!
I might not make the most perfect or fanciest layouts, but each one is made with a smile, a prayer for the person involved, and a whisper that says, "I love you!"
That's why I scrapbook...

No comments:

Post a Comment